scene one
1.conversation
A: why do you have a Band-Aid on your face?
为什么你脸上有个止血贴?
B: It's not a Band-Aid, It's an acne patch. I have a big pimple here, and I'm hoping the patch will take it go away faster;
那不是止血贴,是痘痘贴。我这里长了一颗大的青春痘,我希望贴这个能让痘快点消失。
A: oh. I haven't had ance problems, since high school. In high school , I had really bad ance.
喔,我高中后就没有再长痘痘了。在高中,我的痘痘长得很厉害。
B: What did you do about it ?
那你怎么处理?
A: I bought over-the-couter medicine at the pharmacy. When that didn't work, I saw a dematologist regularly and took prescription drugs.
我都去药房买药,但是它没作用,我就定期去看皮肤医生,吃医生开的药。
B: Did it help?
有帮助吗?
A: It helped some. but my ance only completely cleared afrer high school. Then I had to get laser treatment to get rid of the ance scars.
有点作用,但是我的青春痘一直到高中毕业才完全好,然后我还得做镭射治疗清除痘印。
B: Thanks for sharing. I won't complain about a single pimple then!
谢谢你的经验分享。我不会再为一颗青春痘抱怨了!
2.word
Band-aid 止血贴
acne patch 痘痘贴
pimple 青春逗
over-the-counter medecine 非处方药
dermatologist 皮肤科医生
prescription drug 处方药
3.phrase
go away faster 快点走开,快点消失
get rid of 摆脱,清除